The Internet is an ongoing conversation full of ideas, news and tools. The conversations is always happening, and now Google+ is a way to participate in the dialogue of exchanging ideas.
For healthcare marketers, itâ€™s important to tune into the leaders in our field. Below is my list of the top 10 â€œinfluencersâ€ (in no particular order) on Google+ in healthcare marketing and healthcare social media.
1. Alex Butler – 1,336 have Alex in circles: The founder and owner of The Social Moon, anÂ OnlineÂ Marketing Communications agency focused on the healthcare sector and based in London, UK.
2. Reed Smith – 512 have Reed in circles: A consulting strategist and thought-leader focused on the integration of social computing into hospitals.
3. Thibaud Guymard – 2,004 have Thibaud in circles: Digital strategist, marketer, scientist and innovative thinker in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector.
4. Howard Luks – 886 have Howard in circles: One of America’s Top Sports Docs, Dr. Luks is an Orthopedic Surgeon that believes social media should be used to influence healthcare delivery.
5. Kathy Mackey – 336 have Kathy in circles: Marketer forÂ healthcare and technology organizations who specializes in healthcare, medical and technology.
6. Ãngel GonzÃ¡lez – 226 have Ãngel in circles: Healthcare advertiser, social media marketer and branding strategist.
8. Kevin Pho – 1,938 have Kevin in circles: Nationally-recognized healthcare opinion-maker who is often referred to as “social media’s leading Physician voice.”
9. Brian Ahier – 4,329 have Brian in circles: Expert on Healthcare IT and healthcare reform.
10. Nate Osit – 776 have Nate in circles: Health IT expert and implementation specialist with a passion for healthcare social media.
Google+ makes it easier than ever for patients to share their clinical experiences with their social networks. This is why we must embrace the +1 and ‘Circling’ capabilities.
I hope you explore this list and participate in online conversations with Google+. Let me know what other heavyweights I have left out of the healthcare marketing influencer list by commenting below. Thanks.